Jim Lahey of Sullivan Street Bakery is a baking legend. His no-knead bread recipe was like scales falling from one’s eyes for home bakers, as it immediately broadened their repertoire. He was the first recipient of the James Beard Outstanding Baker award in 2015.
As a fan of the original Sullivan Street Bakery in Soho, it’s been a confusing decade following new location openings and closings, renamings and revampings. Hearing that the Chelsea location of Co. which became Sullivan Street Bakery is transforming itself a few nights a week into Sullivan Street Pizza, the main thing one needs to know is that pizza is only served Wednesday through Saturdays after 6pm.
This is the only new addition, and I removed HaSalon.
This weekly list is not comprehensive of every new place but a short alphabetized list of new places that I think are notable. Restaurants that have been opened for more than three months will not be included.
New & Noteworthy (week of July 1)
Ayada Opened late-June
- Critically Acclaimed Queens Thai Hit Opens in Chelsea Market Today
- Queens’ Best Thai Restaurant Will Expand to Manhattan
Bar Pisellino Opened mid-May
- Inside Bar Pisellino, the Gorgeously Appointed New Italian Hangout From Via Carota
- Via Carota’s long-awaited sister spot, Bar Pisellino, soft-opens this week
The Fulton Opened mid-May
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s Ode to Seafood Debuts on the Water Tonight
- At the Fulton, Jean-Georges Vongerichten Sells Seafood By the Seaport
Jiang Diner Opened mid-April
- East Village’s Jiang Diner Is a Magnetic New Entry Into NYC’s Chinese Dining Scene
- East Village Gets Its Own ‘Big Tray Chicken’ Place With Jiang Diner
Le Jardinier Opened late-May
- After 21 Years, a Joël Robuchon Protégé Gets His Own Luxurious Stage in Midtown East
- Vegetables Become Vehicles for Luxury at Le Jardinier
Pastis Opened early-June
- Inside the New Pastis, the Romantic NYC Legend Reopening Tonight
- Hello, Old Friend: Pastis Reopens Its Doors
Rezdora Opened mid-May
- Osteria Francescana Alum’s Flatiron Newcomer Offers a Seductive Selection of Italian Cooking
- This New NYC Restaurant Is a ‘Master of None’ Fan’s Dream Come True
Sullivan Street Pizza Opened late-June