Crunchy Avocado & Tomato Salad
There always comes the day when the avocado you bought HAS to be used. That day came for me and I was uninterested in avocado toast, and making avocado maki rolls were blown when I realized I didn’t have enough rice. I didn’t want guacamole but maybe a fresh crunchy salad with tortilla chips. . .
This is basically a really chunky guacamole but more refreshing. And pairing with tortilla chips is a must.
Yields two servings
- 1 ripe avocado, medium dice
- 1/2 pint of grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 celery stalks, small dice
- 2 tablespoons red onion, small dice
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, smashing a few of the avocado chunks.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with tortilla chips.