Mediaeater Digest for Monday 6.11.18
- A Company Built on a Bluff [NY Mag]
For almost 25 years, Shane Smith’s plan for Vice was that, by the time the suckers caught on, he’d never be stuck owning the company he co-founded.
- Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk and the Feud Over Killer Robots [NYT]
- Attacks against machine learning [Elie.net]
Overview [elie.net]techniques that target AI systems and how to protect against them.
- Why the Future of Machine Learning is Tiny [Pete Warden]
- Anthony Bourdain Bought John Lurie Painting Days Before He Died [Artnet]
- Alternatives to Google Products – The Complete List [RestorePrivacy]
- In Newark, Police Cameras, and the Internet, Watch You [NYT]
- Larger than life displays by French photographer JR [60 Min]
- Cyberpunk 2077 – official E3 2018 trailer
- Live Streaming SKED
- MSNBC and Recode’s latest ‘Revolution’ TV special
- RIP Net Neutrality
data $40+ billion wiped off the crypto landscape
Local media starting to show the impact of attacks.
- Chris Anderson story Cambridge Analytica scandal has Sarasota ties [Herald Trib]
- Russian Facebook posts may have inspired militia in Kansas bombing plot, expert says [Kansas City Star]